tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "electroteque" <dan...@electroteque.org>
Subject RE: tomcat install
Date Wed, 28 May 2003 23:19:40 GMT
ok thanks heaps its all working now i'll intergrate with apache @ a later
date , trying out the examples the code is very clean , i'm liking this over
php :D

-----Original Message-----
From: Jason Bainbridge [mailto:jason@jblinux.org]
Sent: Thursday, May 29, 2003 8:08 AM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: tomcat install

On Thu, 29 May 2003 06:59, electroteque wrote:
> ok i got the standalone binary working for now
>
> http://electroteque.dyndns.org:1025/
>
> i get a blank screen though ??

Can you check your CATALINA_HOME\logs directory and have a look at the log
files for anything that looks like an error. I get a server not found error
trying that address.

> also what is the difference between working with a standalone or a jk2
> module in apache ??

Standalone doesn't have builtin support for load balancing plus it uses
Coyotge to process all HTTP requests, where in a high load environment it is
better to integrate Tomcat with Apache.

If you are just using it for testing purposes I'd stick just with standalone
but if you are deploying in a high load environment you should look at
integrating with Apache using the "In process" method, if you choose to do
that John Turner has some very good tutorials you can use (Search the
archive
for the links, I haven't got time right now to dig them up).

Regards,
--
Jason Bainbridge
KDE Web Team - http://kde.org