tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Skladovs, Victor" <Skla...@his.de>
Subject JDBCRealm: Protecting all tomcat webapps?
Date Mon, 05 May 2003 10:26:56 GMT
Dear Friends!

I'm using JDBCRealm of Tomcat4.1. I have two web applications (say:
myproject1 and myproject2) and cocoon.
Each webapp has its own WEB-INF directory in which web.xml file are
defined all security constraints like this:
	<security-constraint>
		<web-resource-collection>

<web-resource-name>MySecretResource</web-resource-name>
			<url-pattern>/*</url-pattern>
		</web-resource-collection>
		<auth-constraint>
			<role-name>*</role-name>
		</auth-constraint>
	</security-constraint>
	<login-config>
		<auth-method>BASIC</auth-method>
		<realm-name>WebApp Login</realm-name>
	</login-config>

All is working fine, but I must authentificate myself 3 TIMES at worst
depending with which webapp I am working: I must login when I call
/myproject1 and I must login again when I call cocoon from /myproject1.

QUESTION: is it possible to protect my ALL web applications at a time,
so that I need to login only 1 time?

Thanking in advance

Regards,
Viktor