tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Thomas, Tony, CTR, WHS/C&D" <Tony.Thomas....@cd.whs.mil>
Subject RE: JDBC Realm
Date Thu, 15 May 2003 14:11:57 GMT
You are missing the connectionUrl parameter in your XML code. If you are not
using a connectionUrl put your regular jdbc odbc connection in here and it
should activate the JDBCRealm. Also use the sun jdbc odbc driver rather than
the mySql - if you are not using mySql.

GL

-----Original Message-----
From: Seb Esp [mailto:hadexcorp@ml1.net]
Sent: Thursday, May 15, 2003 8:31 AM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: JDBC Realm

If you look the source code of that class, you will notice it does
little logging, no matter what level you are using.
I suggest you configuring logging/trace in SQL server and see what is
happening in that side.

A more complex choice is programming your own Realm, you can use
JDBCRealm as a reference. This will give you the opportunity to log and
trace anything, and when the problem is solved then you can use Tomcat's
implementation.

danox wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I am having trouble getting my JDBC authorisation realm to work.
> I have used the following realm in my server.xml file:
>
>    <Realm  className="org.apache.catalina.realm.JDBCRealm" debug="99"
>        driverName="com.microsoft.jdbc.sqlserver.SQLServerDriver"

connectionURL="jdbc:microsoft:sqlserver://<removed>;SelectMethod=direct;Data
baseName=<removed>"