tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Matt Wiseley" <m...@wiseley.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat Freezing?
Date Wed, 14 May 2003 23:29:16 GMT
Sandra,

If it's only happening with one JSP, and it happens every time it's requested, it's almost
certainly a coding problem. Without looking at the source code, it's pretty hard to say what's
causing it. From my own experience, I have seen only two coding errors that "hang" Tomcat.
The first is opening database connections from a pool and not closing them. The second is
a page that forwards to itself somehow. Also look for code that creates an endless loop of
some kind, although these usually either run out of memory, cause an overflow, or time out.

Matt