tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Matt Wiseley" <wise...@runbox.com>
Subject adding hosts without restarting
Date Wed, 14 May 2003 21:48:11 GMT
I have to believe this has been asked a million times, but I can find no solution in the archives.
I am running 4.12 stand-alone and need to be able to add virtual hosts (new individual sites
with a new host name and root context) on the fly without restarting tomcat. I know that this
should be technically possible because the web admin tool has this capability. Unfortunately,
I'm not familiar with Struts, so that source code didn't help me much.

I understand that contexts within an existing host can be added in numerous ways, but I need
to add new hosts.

Has anyone implemented a method of doing this, say from Java code or from a command line (Ant)?
It would greatly help me out.

Thanks in advance,
Matt