tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Snelling, Jeff D." <JDSNE...@southernco.com>
Subject Thanks John---RE: Apache-Tomcat Config
Date Fri, 23 May 2003 15:11:50 GMT
Problem resolved---Moving on too next questions. Please see final
question below.
I think that I identified 2 problems
First:
ServerName did not match throughout all config files. In Apache it was
the servername and with Tomcat it was local host
Second:
The problem really got resolved when I used your sample mod_jk.conf
file.
I suspected all along that the problem was within the mod_jk.conf that
was generated automatically by tomcat.
What is wrong with this file?
Here are the contents:
########## Auto generated on Thu May 22 16:19:29 EDT 2003##########

<IfModule !mod_jk.c>
  LoadModule jk_module /web/test/apache/modules/mod_jk.so
</IfModule>

JkWorkersFile "/web/test/tomcat/conf/jk/workers.properties"
JkLogFile "/web/test/tomcat/logs/mod_jk.log"
JkLogLevel debug

<VirtualHost localhost>
    ServerName localhost

    JkMount /examples ajp13
    JkMount /examples/* ajp13

    JkMount /webdav ajp13
    JkMount /webdav/* ajp13

    JkMount /tomcat-docs ajp13
    JkMount /tomcat-docs/* ajp13

    JkMount /manager ajp13
    JkMount /manager/* ajp13

    JkMount /admin ajp13
    JkMount /admin/* ajp13

    JkMount /*/servlet/ ajp13

</VirtualHost>

FINAL QUESTION.
This works with both Apache and Tomcat on the same server, but what
about when I separate them and pleace a firewall in between?
How will all of the config files change?