tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Kannan Sundararajan <ksundarara...@marketaxess.com>
Subject RE: Tomcat and Weblogic Integration
Date Tue, 27 May 2003 14:44:32 GMT
I disagree on this Yoav. I have used both WebLogic and Tomcat. You pay what
you get it. If it is free that is your/our choice. Positively weblogic is
much more and better than tomcat. But still price concerns, we are using
tomcat. But if you on quality and the performance, weblogic is always
better.

WebLogic.jar is specific to weblogic and if you are using against other jar
files, there could be lot of times you may end up getting error. I don't
think legally it is advisable to use the jar files from WebLogic to tomcat,
unless you pay for the jar file for weblogic.

Thanks
Kannan

-----Original Message-----
From: Shapira, Yoav [mailto:Yoav.Shapira@mpi.com]
Sent: Tuesday, May 27, 2003 10:25 AM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: RE: Tomcat and Weblogic Integration

Howdy,
The weblogic jar used to be a nightmare.  I don't know if that's still
the case, as I stay away from that vastly overpriced product suite.

It used to have old copies of SAX, DOM, Xerces, Xalan, JMS, JTA, all in
it.  I've had to cut those out and repackage the jar so many times I
have ant scripts that do it now.

Yoav Shapira
Millennium ChemInformatics

org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:240)
>	at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:853)
>	at
>org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(Applic
atio
>nFilterChain.java:247)
>	at
>org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFil
terC
>hain.java:193)
>	at
>org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperVal
ve.j
>ava:260)
>	at
>org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.
invo
>keNext(StandardPipeline.java:643)
>	at
>org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:
480)

>javax.servlet.ServletException: weblogic/rmi/extensions/server/Stub
>	at
>org.apache.jasper.runtime.PageContextImpl.handlePageException(PageConte
xtIm
>pl.java:497)
>	at
org.apache.jsp.UserManage_jsp._jspService(UserManage_jsp.java:152)
>	at
>org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:136)
>	at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:853)
>	at
>org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.j
ava:
>204)
>	at
>org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:289
)
>	at
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:240)
>	at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:853)
>

>I've verified that the /weblogic/rmi/extensions/server/Stub is in the
>weblogic.jar file but it doesn't seem to find it.
>
>I've also tried to obtain the classpath that tomcat is using with a jsp
>that gets the system properties and prints the classpath.
>
>Unfortunately, the only thing that was return was:
>
>/usr/java/j2sdk1.4.1_01/lib/tools.jar:/usr/local/tomcat41/bin/bootstrap
.jar

>This doesn't seem to be what I am looking for.
>
>What am i missing?  I've seen a similar configuration work at another
>site, but I can't tell what I am doing wrong.
>
>Your help is greatly appreciated.
>
>Thanks-
>Rodney

sender.  Thank you.