tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Ralph Einfeldt" <ralph.einfe...@uptime-isc.de>
Subject RE: Tomcat STILL freezing - time to look at another app server?
Date Fri, 30 May 2003 09:38:36 GMT
In this case I don't completly agree with you.

Through the implementation of a servlet container you
can incluence the behaviour of the gc. It depends on how
many objects are created by the different containers
to complete the same task and how the lifecycle of the
created objects is. Given that, the same gc parameters
can work good with one container, and can perform bad on
another.

Note that I'm not suggesting that tomcat performs better
or worse than other containers, just that it is possible
that there are differences.