tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "John Corrigan" <j...@johncorrigan.net>
Subject RE: Form and ENCTYPE=multipart/form-data
Date Thu, 15 May 2003 19:21:52 GMT
When you change the ENCTYPE tag, your form data has to be looked at through
whatever classes you are using to process the multipart/form-data, the
standard HttpServletRequest methods will no longer work.  I'm using the
Jakarta commons classes.  Basically, if there is form data (from standard
input fields) you still need to get it as a FileItem and then check to see
if it is a form field or a file.

-----Original Message-----
From: contact@abilsoft.com [mailto:contact@abilsoft.com]
Sent: Thursday, May 15, 2003 12:12 PM
To: Tomcat Users List; matt@wiseley.com
Subject: Re: Form and ENCTYPE=multipart/form-data

I'm actually aware of those classes and the Jakarta commons equivalents.  My
question is not about processing the data once the servlet gets it - rather
it's about getting it to the servlet!  You see, whenever I add the ENCTYPE
tag, the form seems to magically stop sending any of it parameters to the
servlet?  I'm sure I'm missing some small thing - but I cannot find it yet.
Any thoughts?

---------Original Meassage---------

Check out the MultipartFilter and MultipartRequest classes and other
documentation at http://www.servlets.com/cos/index.html. This seems to be
the defacto method of uploading files using Servlets. Works for me. Only
caveat is that there's a hard-coded 1MB file limit... I had to go into the
source code and increase it for my purposes, but wasn't hard.