tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "anto paul" <antopa...@hotmail.com>
Subject Poblem with PDF and Tomcat 4.1.18
Date Thu, 15 May 2003 13:55:25 GMT
Hi,
    Is there any known problems with Tomcat 4.1.18 standalone in serving
dynamically generated PDF files ?. I am using IE 5.0 and IE 5.0. The PDF
file is generated in a servlet using JasperReports reporting engine. Instead
of displaying the file IE 5 displays a small icon on left hand top corner
and when it is clicked it says that no viewer the object trying to open.It
also says that the content type is text/html;charst=ISO-8859-1.  The windows
task manager shows no acrobat process is running. While a sample application
provided with JasperReports is working fine with same server and browser. I
also noticed that the servlet is invoked two times. I uninstalled Acrobat
Reader 5.0 and installed 5.1. Still the problem persists. But the PDF is
opened in IE 6.0 with Acrobat Reader 4.0. Do any one what the problem is ?

 Anto paul