tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Sasha Borodin <>
Subject jk2 isapi filter crashes IIS after several unsuccessful requests?
Date Wed, 28 May 2003 21:28:05 GMT
I know you guys must be sick of iis-jk2 questions, but I've configured
things identically to another working setup, and I'm having problems; much
obliged if you could take a gander at the following observations /
properties files.

1.  iis works, serves stuff that exists, gives 404 when I request things
that aren't there
2.  Tomcat works, serves my webapps via port 8080 just fine

Now for my file

And a snippet of my server.xml
    <!-- Define a Coyote/JK2 AJP 1.3 Connector on port 8009 -->
               enableLookups="true" redirectPort="8443"

-My file is auto-generated
-My registry's got the rights keys, values, paths, etc. - I've
-IIS has the jakarta virtual directory pointing to the folder with the dll
-IIS has jakarta isapi filter set up (green arrow for up)

So here's what happens:

1.  If I access
    - I get a 404 like I'm supposed to
2.  If I access
    (one of the uri mappings in
    - I either get a page with the words "Handle is invalid"
        or "System cannot find the file specified." (alternating)
3.  If I try the previous request (#2) a couple of times, the WWW, FTP, IIS
admin services crash and restart

As I've said, going directly to Tomcat via port 8080 produces the desired

I've searched tomcat-user archives
But have not been able to find any mention of the error pages I'm getting -
they do not look like standard iis error responses.  I've tried downloading
and replacing the isapi_redirector2.dll several times.

    -W2K Server, SP3
    -Tomcat 4.1.24

If these symptoms ring a bell, please speak up.  TIA,

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message