tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Schacht, Tyler" <Tyler.T.Scha...@msfc.nasa.gov>
Subject File Permissions in WAR Files
Date Wed, 28 May 2003 18:59:41 GMT
When tomcat extracts my .war file, insufficient file permissions are applied
to the folders/directories.  I use an apache connector and my site is
unavailable due to apache having insufficient permissions to acess the
directories.  If I then go in and hand chmod the files/folders, the site
works fine. I understand that there is no way to set file permissions within
a war/jar.  Is there a way to tell tomcat to chmod the structure upon
extracting the war?  This is really throwing a hitch in my build/deployment
process.

Tyler Schacht