tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Matt Sales" <sa...@sealsco.com>
Subject optimal mod_jk2 configuration
Date Fri, 23 May 2003 21:27:28 GMT
Hello,

I'm running TC 4.1.24/Apache 2.0.43 on RedHat 7.2 with mod_jk2.  We have a
site that's getting a lot of hits, and at peak times, the response is _very_
slow...  The site's pages are server-parsed html that include the tomcat
webapp servlets via
include virtual="/webApp/servlet/myServlet"
calls.

I originally had all the pages served from tomcat (with images being served
from apache), but response time was even worse then.  Moving all of the
static content has improved the stability somewhat, but the real crux of our
issue, I beleive, is that the mod_jk2 connector is being overrun and causing
a bottleneck in response times.

Most of the documentation I've found on mod_jk2 has been pretty cryptic and
hard to follow, and I was wondering if anyone out there was aware of a more
optimal configuration that might lend itself better to multiple, lightweight
connections to tomcat (JServ seemed to be much more adept at this).  Would
increasing the shared memory file's size be enough?

I've included my conf files below.  Thanks for any help!

#--workers2.properties

[shm]
file=/usr/local/apache2/logs/shm.file
size=1048576

[channel.socket:localhost:8009]
port=8009
host=127.0.0.1

[channel.un:/usr/local/tomcat/work/jk2.socket]
tomcatId=localhost:8009
debug=0

[ajp13:localhost:8009]
channel=channel.un:/usr/local/tomcat/work/jk2.socket

[status:status]

[uri:/webApp/*]
worker=ajp13:localhost:8009

#---jk2.properties

handler.list=channelUnix,request
channelSocket.port=8009
channelUnix.file=/usr/local/tomcat/work/jk2.socket
shm.file=/usr/local/apache2/logs/shm.file
serverRoot=/usr/local/apache2