tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Rob Tomlin" <robert.tom...@mekon.com>
Subject Obtaining authenticate principal from HttpSession...
Date Tue, 13 May 2003 14:01:25 GMT
Hi,

Is it possible, given a HttpSession object, to determine the
corresponding Principal ?

This follows on from my other post about getting a HttpSession
based on the Id.

What I want to achieve is, based on a session Id, I wish to foward
a request using RequestDispatcher.forward(...), but as a different
user.

I have subclassed HttpServletRequestWrapper so I can override getSession()
and getUserPrincipal(...), but current I am not sure how to implement
getUserPrincipal to return the Principal that corresponds to the session
I have obtained based on an Id.

Cheers

Rob Tomlin