tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Rob Tomlin" <robert.tom...@mekon.com>
Subject RE: Obtaining authenticate principal from HttpSession...
Date Tue, 13 May 2003 15:18:05 GMT
> Does it just need to know that the user has been authenticated?

The other application uses Request.getUserPrincipal(...) to determine
the authenticated user, which is then used to determine access rights.
In fact the other application is the Slide WebDAV servlet.

If possible I want to keep the authentication mechanism the same for Slide.
I really am looking for a solution so that when Slide uses
Request.getUserPrincipal(...) the correct Principal is returned, hence the
subclassed HttpServletRequestWrapper.

I think perhaps using an attribute on the HttpSession may be ok, but it
seems a bit of a kludge...

Cheers

Rob Tomlin