tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Wendy Smoak <Wendy.Sm...@asu.edu>
Subject RE: Example error pages?
Date Fri, 30 May 2003 01:46:25 GMT
Tim wrote:
> Here it is inline ... This is also a classic example of
> everything ugly jsp ;) (But it works real nice for me) ...

I have one of those, too... It's called 'debug.jsp' and it gets <%@ include
file="debug.jsp" %>'ed on my tiles layout page so it shows up everywhere.
Then when I deploy it's a single edit to make it disappear.

Here's what I came up with, I was trying to get the error message onto the
screen without frightening the user with a stack trace.  (Ideas on getting
the stack trace into an HTML comment are still welcome, the problem seems to
be the recursive printing -- a Throwable can contain a Throwable can
contain... )

<%@ taglib uri="http://java.sun.com/jstl/core" prefix="c" %>
  <c:out value="${requestScope['javax.servlet.error.message']}" />
  If this error message persists, please contact the IRM Help Desk at ...

--
Wendy Smoak
Applications Systems Analyst, Sr.