tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Shapira, Yoav" <Yoav.Shap...@mpi.com>
Subject RE: How do I listen for threads starting and stopping?
Date Fri, 30 May 2003 17:06:54 GMT

Howdy,
Just be very careful with ThreadLocal -- it's inherently evil and easy
to misuse.

Consider the PooledExecutor from Doug Lea's util-concurrent package
(which will become java.util.concurrent in J2SE 1.5, Doug Lea's the spec
lead for JSR 166) as an alternative:
http://gee.cs.oswego.edu/dl/classes/EDU/oswego/cs/dl/util/concurrent/int
ro.html

Yoav Shapira