tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Shapira, Yoav" <Yoav.Shap...@mpi.com>
Subject RE: Servlets not working in my context
Date Tue, 20 May 2003 14:31:29 GMT

Howdy,

>However, the invoker servlet makes it a little easier	for beginers >
>since there is one less item to configure.
>Also, the Tomcat docs are very skimpy on this.

IMHO, listing a servlet and its mapping(s) in web.xml should be a
required step for beginners.  The related information is well-documented
and explained in the servlet specification: it does not need to be
covered again in the container documentation.

Unfortunately, people have gotten used to the invoker servlet, and this
is made worse as many books use examples that rely on the invoker
servlet ;(

Yoav Shapira