tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Shapira, Yoav" <Yoav.Shap...@mpi.com>
Subject RE: J2SE vs. J2EE
Date Tue, 13 May 2003 17:32:18 GMT

Howdy,
They are part of the "J2EE platform" but they're not the whole platform.
Tomcat is a servlet/JSP container implementation.  It doesn't give you
EJBs, JMS, nor some other J2EE features.  But you do need the servlet
API (servlet.jar) and an implementation (which tomcat provides), on top
of J2SE.

Yoav Shapira
Millennium ChemInformatics