tomcat-users mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Shapira, Yoav" <Yoav.Shap...@mpi.com>
Subject RE: Servlet () is currently unavailable
Date Mon, 05 May 2003 12:52:58 GMT

Howdy,
Or you have log4j in the wrong classloader repository, or you have multiple copies of log4j
that are of different versions.  Try having only one copy of log4j, in your webapp's WEB-INF/lib
directory.  Make sure there are no other copies of log4j anywhere in your tomcat installation.

Yoav Shapira
Millennium ChemInformatics


>-----Original Message-----
>From: Tim Funk [mailto:funkman@joedog.org]
>Sent: Monday, May 05, 2003 8:36 AM
>To: Tomcat Users List
>Subject: Re: Servlet () is currently unavailable
>
>You are missing log4j.
>
>----- Root Cause -----
>java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/log4j/Category
>         at at.compax.cos.main.MainServlet.<init>(Unknown Source)
>
>
>-Tim
>
>Rabl Mario wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> after banging my head against the wall over the weekend, not able to find
>> the fault in my config - anybody already solved following problem?
>>
>> When accessing <server>/WEBAAX/servlet/MainServlet I get
>>
>> HTTP Status 503 - Servlet MainServlet is currently unavailable
>>
>> type Status report
>> message Servlet MainServlet is currently unavailable
>> description The requested service (Servlet MainServlet is currently
>> unavailable) is not currently available.
>>
>> Apache Tomcat/4.1.24
>>
>> The same servlet is working correctly on another Tomcat 4.1.24
>(Testsystem).
>>
>> Is this a problem of my CLASSPATH, web.xml (global), web.xml (Application
>> specific), server.xml, or what the hell else?
>>
>> Comment out invoker also doesn't change anything...
>>
>> Logfile says:
>>
>> 2003-05-05 14:22:22 StandardWrapper[/WEBAAX:MainServlet]: Marking servlet
>> MainServlet as unavailable
>> 2003-05-05 14:22:22 StandardWrapperValve[MainServlet]: Allocate exception
>> for servlet MainServlet
>> javax.servlet.ServletException: Error instantiating servlet class
>> at.compax.cos.main.MainServlet
>>         at
>>
>org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.loadServlet(StandardWrapper.java:9
>1
>> 2)
>>         at
>>
>org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.allocate(StandardWrapper.java:668)
>>         at
>>
>org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.j
>a
>> va:210)
>>         at
>>
>org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.invo
>k
>> eNext(StandardPipeline.java:643)
>>         at
>>
>org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:480)
>>         at
>> org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:995)
>>         at
>>
>org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.j
>a
>> va:191)
>>         at
>>
>org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.invo
>k
>> eNext(StandardPipeline.java:643)
>>         at
>>
>org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:480)
>>         at
>> org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:995)
>>         at
>>
>org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.invoke(StandardContext.java:2415)
>>         at
>>
>org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:18
>0
>> )
>>         at
>>
>org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.invo
>k
>> eNext(StandardPipeline.java:643)
>>         at
>>
>org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorDispatcherValve.invoke(ErrorDispatcherValve
>.
>> java:171)
>>         at
>>
>org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.invo
>k
>> eNext(StandardPipeline.java:641)
>>         at
>>
>org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:17
>2
>> )
>>         at
>>
>org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.invo
>k
>> eNext(StandardPipeline.java:641)
>>         at
>>
>org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:480)
>>         at
>> org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:995)
>>         at
>>
>org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.jav
>a
>> :174)
>>         at
>>
>org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.invo
>k
>> eNext(StandardPipeline.java:643)
>>         at
>>
>org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:480)
>>         at
>> org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:995)
>>         at
>> org.apache.coyote.tomcat4.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:223)
>>         at
>>
>org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:594)
>>         at
>>
>org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.processConn
>e
>> ction(Http11Protocol.java:392)
>>         at
>>
>org.apache.tomcat.util.net.TcpWorkerThread.runIt(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:565)
>>         at
>>
>org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.ja
>v
>> a:619)
>>         at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:536)
>> ----- Root Cause -----
>> java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/log4j/Category
>>         at at.compax.cos.main.MainServlet.<init>(Unknown Source)
>>         at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native
>> Method)
>>         at
>>
>sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAcce
>s
>> sorImpl.java:39)
>>         at
>>
>sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstru
>c
>> torAccessorImpl.java:27)
>>         at
>java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:274)
>>         at java.lang.Class.newInstance0(Class.java:306)
>>         at java.lang.Class.newInstance(Class.java:259)
>>         at
>>
>org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.loadServlet(StandardWrapper.java:9
>0
>> 3)
>>         at
>>
>org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.allocate(StandardWrapper.java:668)
>>         at
>>
>org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.j
>a
>> va:210)
>>         at
>>
>org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.invo
>k
>> eNext(StandardPipeline.java:643)
>>         at
>>
>org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:480)
>>         at
>> org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:995)
>>         at
>>
>org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.j
>a
>> va:191)
>>         at
>>
>org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.invo
>k
>> eNext(StandardPipeline.java:643)
>>         at
>>
>org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:480)
>>         at
>> org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:995)
>>         at
>>
>org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.invoke(StandardContext.java:2415)
>>         at
>>
>org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:18
>0
>> )
>>         at
>>
>org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.invo
>k
>> eNext(StandardPipeline.java:643)
>>         at
>>
>org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorDispatcherValve.invoke(ErrorDispatcherValve
>.
>> java:171)
>>         at
>>
>org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.invo
>k
>> eNext(StandardPipeline.java:641)
>>         at
>>
>org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:17
>2
>> )
>>         at
>>
>org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.invo
>k
>> eNext(StandardPipeline.java:641)
>>         at
>>
>org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:480)
>>         at
>> org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:995)
>>         at
>>
>org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.jav
>a
>> :174)
>>         at
>>
>org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.invo
>k
>> eNext(StandardPipeline.java:643)
>>         at
>>
>org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:480)
>>         at
>> org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:995)
>>         at
>> org.apache.coyote.tomcat4.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:223)
>>         at
>>
>org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:594)
>>         at
>>
>org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.processConn
>e
>> ction(Http11Protocol.java:392)
>>         at
>>
>org.apache.tomcat.util.net.TcpWorkerThread.runIt(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:565)
>>         at
>>
>org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.ja
>v
>> a:619)
>>         at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:536)
>>
>> 2003-05-05 14:22:24 StandardWrapperValve[MainServlet]: Servlet
>MainServlet
>> is currently unavailable
>>
>> thx in advance
>> mario = ; )
>> -------------------------------------------------------------------------
>--
>> TIS.SAS.BSS - System Engineer
>> UTA Telekom AG
>> Donau-City-Straße 11 - A-1220 Wien
>> ICQ# 28345707
>> -------------------------------------------------------------------------
>--
>> Verbirg Dein Schwert hinter einem Lächeln. Sun Tsu
>>
>>
>> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
>> To unsubscribe, e-mail: tomcat-user-unsubscribe@jakarta.apache.org
>> For additional commands, e-mail: tomcat-user-help@jakarta.apache.org
>>
>>
>
>
>---------------------------------------------------------------------
>To unsubscribe, e-mail: tomcat-user-unsubscribe@jakarta.apache.org
>For additional commands, e-mail: tomcat-user-help@jakarta.apache.org




This e-mail, including any attachments, is a confidential business communication, and may
contain information that is confidential, proprietary and/or privileged.  This e-mail is intended
only for the individual(s) to whom it is addressed, and may not be saved, copied, printed,
disclosed or used by anyone else.  If you are not the(an) intended recipient, please immediately
delete this e-mail from your computer system and notify the sender.  Thank you.


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: tomcat-user-unsubscribe@jakarta.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: tomcat-user-help@jakarta.apache.org


Mime
View raw message