tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Shapira, Yoav" <Yoav.Shap...@mpi.com>
Subject RE: error-page and POST vs GET
Date Fri, 02 May 2003 15:50:30 GMT
Howdy,
Amazingly enough, I can reproduce what you're seeing.  I'm attaching a
.war file with a clean stand-alone webapp that shows this effect.  I
thought using the examples context only complicated things, so I took
that out.  Same for the invoker servlet.  Added a simple test HTML file.

So if someone else cares to comment, that'd be great ;)

Yoav Shapira
Millennium ChemInformatics

GET
>or a POST. The other is ErrorHandlerServlet and it's supposed to
"catch"
>the exception. Which it does as long as the request is a GET. What I do
is
>comment out the "throw" statements just to ensure that the servlet is
being
>called correctly, then turn on the throw and see POST do the wrong
thing.

>How you generate the request is immaterial, of course, but for the
record
>I'm using the "curl" command-line tool on Unix. I create the GET
request
>via
>
>         curl localhost:8080/examples/servlet/LabServlet
>
>and get the correct response
>
>         In the error handler
>
>I then make a POST by giving it some data:
>
>         curl -d foo localhost:8080/examples/servlet/LabServlet
>
>And get the standard HTML-ified stack trace just as if there was no
><error-page>. The -v flag can be passed to curl to verify that the
requests
>are GET and POST.
>
>So: I've seen nothing in the spec that differentiates beween
error-handling
>of GET vs POST but an actual difference is easily reproduceable in the
>latest production release. Is it a bug? Or is there some documentation
I've