tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Shapira, Yoav" <Yoav.Shap...@mpi.com>
Subject RE: Upgrade your webapps easily HOW-TO (requires ant/manager app practice)
Date Thu, 01 May 2003 18:35:55 GMT

Howdy,

>1.) I'm about to integrate the changes into TC 5.0.1, but am unable to
>build it due to a commons-el problem. Should I post build questions for
TC
>5.0.1 here or at the tomcat-dev list?

That specific question I think belongs in tomcat dev as you've been
doing.

>2.) I'm currently reading the whole context.xml-InputStream and use
>.indexOf to find the attribute I need.
>Is there another more elegant approach using an apache-commons library?

Yeah, I saw that code, and it is ugly ;)  You don't want to do a
digest.parse(stream) because that'll trigger digester rules.  You could
just construct a DOM Document quickly using the default XML parser.

>3.) How do I make sure the overrideDocBase-enhancement makes eventually
>its way into TC 5.0.x, so I can rely on them?

Open a bugzilla enhancement request for 5.0.1.  Attach your patch for
5.0.1 to the bugzilla item.

By the way, with regards to your preference of using an
ExtendedHostDeployer rather than patching the StandardHostDeployer: I
like it and agree with it.  I don't think the host deployer is
configurable right now.  We could make it configurable however...

Yoav Shapira
Millennium ChemInformatics