tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Koes, Derrick" <Derrick.K...@smith-nephew.com>
Subject RE: Java VM File Encoding on Windows
Date Thu, 01 May 2003 12:41:13 GMT

Is Tomcat running as a service?

-----Original Message-----
From: Gareth Lawrence [mailto:gareth@mediasculpt.com]
Sent: Thursday, May 01, 2003 11:42 AM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Java VM File Encoding on Windows

Greetings All,

Was wondering if somebody could help me change my file.encoding on
windows 2000.  Running SDK  1.4.1 and Tomcat 4.0.1 .... another
application (OpenCMS) is giving me the message below, but I have tried
setting a CATALINA_OPTS system variable (just like JAVA_HOME) as
specified (and to -Dfile.encoding=UTF-8) and restarting Tomcat without
luck. Tomcat seems to run fine btw, eg the examples all go ...

Any suggestions would be greatly welcome :-)

Awesome, Z.

Error: the encoding of your Java VM is different from the OpenCms
encoding!
  Java VM file encoding:Cp1252
  OpenCms encoding:ISO-8859-1
To continue the setup process: Change the encoding of your Java VM. To
do that you must modify the
file.encoding setting. Using Apache Tomcat, a different encoding can be
set
in the environment variable CATALINA_OPTS by the -D parameter e.g.:
CATALINA_OPTS=-Dfile.encoding=ISO-8859-1 "

This electronic transmission is strictly confidential to Smith & Nephew and
intended solely for the addressee.  It may contain information which is
covered by legal, professional or other privilege.  If you are not the
intended addressee, or someone authorized by the intended addressee to
receive transmissions on behalf of the addressee, you must not retain,
disclose in any form, copy or take any action in reliance on this
transmission.  If you have received this transmission in error, please
notify the sender as soon as possible and destroy this message.