tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Reynir Hübner <rey...@hugsmidjan.is>
Subject Content type problem
Date Wed, 28 May 2003 17:57:42 GMT
Hi,
I have a content-type problem...

I have a website where most urls are not with an file ending such as .jsp that is most urls
are something like this  :

http://website.com/news
http://website.com/staff
http://website.com/news/12/05/2003

This is done by urlrewriting with a filter.

The problem I am trying to solve is the fact that the default mime type seems to be text-plain,
and there for all those pages get rendered as text but not HTML.

I've tried setting response.setContentType("text/html"); in my JSP but that does not change
anything, I also have all the content type tags in the HTML code, but that does not change
anything either.

What can I do (I am about to patch the http connector)....

Reynir Þór Hübner
reynir@hugsmidjan.is