tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Reynir Hübner <rey...@hugsmidjan.is>
Subject RE: Tomcat Realm NTLM
Date Fri, 16 May 2003 19:31:10 GMT
Hi,

First of all, this is a filter implementation of the NTLM authentication :

http://jcifs.samba.org/src/docs/ntlmhttpauth.html

I haven't tried my self, but I guess it's possible to implement a realm that does almost exactly
the same as the filter.
I have not heard of a NTLM authenticating realm for tomcat.

Most people just put IIS in front of tomcat, and make IIS take care of authentication, and
then you can use the "Windows Intergrated Authentication" (this is a simple task).

Anyways, as pointed out above, you should be able to implement it, and then post it to the
project. ;)

The authentication scheme is described here :
http://www.innovation.ch/java/ntlm.html

And here you can find a java (1.3.1 I think, at least not recent version...) implementation
of the ntlm scheme :
http://www.luigidragone.com/networking/ntlm.html

Hope it helps
-reynir