tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Victor Popiol" <vpop...@douwantit.com>
Subject DefaultContext problem migrating to Tomcat 4.1.24
Date Mon, 05 May 2003 21:54:29 GMT
Hi. As I'm trying to migrate from 4.0.4 to 4.1.24 I realized that data
sources defined within the DefaultContext are not available for servlets
loaded at startup. This is forcing me to duplicate data source
definitions for each web application. This is not practical.

Has anybody noted this? I have seen some similar yet unanswered posts in
this list.

I get the following error in the log:
NamingException Looking up context
Name jdbc is not bound in this Context

Here is an abbreviated version of my server.xml:

<Server className="org.apache.catalina.core.StandardServer" debug="0"
port="8005" shutdown="SHUTDOWN">
    <Engine className="org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngine"
debug="0" defaultHost="localhost"
mapperClass="org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineMapper"
name="Standalone">
      <Host className="org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost"
appBase="webapps" autoDeploy="true"
configClass="org.apache.catalina.startup.ContextConfig"
contextClass="org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext" debug="0"
deployXML="true"
errorReportValveClass="org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve"
liveDeploy="true"
mapperClass="org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostMapper"
name="localhost" unpackWARs="true">
        <DefaultContext
className="org.apache.catalina.core.StandardDefaultContext"
cookies="true" crossContext="false" name="defaultContext"
reloadable="false" swallowOutput="false" useNaming="true"
wrapperClass="org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper">
          <Resource name="jdbc/duwi" scope="Shareable"
type="javax.sql.DataSource"/>
          <ResourceParams name="jdbc/duwi">
            <parameter>
              <name>validationQuery</name>