tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Schwartz, David (CHR)" <David.Schwar...@pfizer.com>
Subject RE: Servlets not working in my context
Date Tue, 20 May 2003 13:41:26 GMT
Thanks Yoav & John - I finally got it to work.
According to the release notes you have to uncomment the following from the
conf/web.xml file...

	<servlet-mapping>
		<servlet-name>invoker</servlet-name>
		<url-pattern>/servlet/*</url-pattern>
	</servlet-mapping>

After you uncomment - call your servlets this way...

http://localhost/myfirst/servlet/HelloWorld

In this example "myfirst" is the name of your folder where your app (&
folder structure) is located.

>From release notes...

Enabling invoker servlet:

Starting with Tomcat 4.1.12, the invoker servlet is no longer available by
default in all webapp. Enabling it for all webapps is possible by editing
$CATALINA_HOME/conf/web.xml to uncomment the "/servlet/*" servlet-mapping
definition.

Using the invoker servlet in a production environment is not recommended and
is unsupported.