tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Christian Britton" <Christian.Brit...@pwgsc.gc.ca>
Subject Bad mime types on Tomcat 3.3 on Red Hat Linux 7.02
Date Fri, 23 May 2003 17:50:28 GMT
Hi all,
I've been trying to add the Lotus Word Pro (lwp) mime type to Tomcat without succes... Everytime
I download a physical LWP file from the web server, I get the HTTP CONTENT TYPE as "text/plain".
I've tried the following:

1) Adding the entry "application/vnd.lotus-wordpro   lwp" in "etc/mime.types" of Red Hat
2) Adding the entry "AddType application/vnd.lotus-wordpro .lwp" in "tomcat/conf/tomcat-apache.conf"
3) Adding the entry "<mime-mapping>
                                <extension>
                                  lwp
                                </extension>
                                <mime-type>
                                  application/vnd.lotus-wordpro
                                </mime-type>
                              </mime-mapping>" in "tomcat/conf/web.xml"

I'm all out of ideas.  :o(

Christian Britton
Analyst/Developer
CMS 2.1 Technical Development Team