tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Christian Britton" <Christian.Brit...@pwgsc.gc.ca>
Subject RE: Bad mime types on Tomcat 3.3 on Red Hat Linux 7.02
Date Fri, 23 May 2003 19:24:36 GMT
Thanks!
I found what the problem was: the Tomcat version being used was the one bundled/modified with
JBuilder4. It seems that Borland added the web.xml and other stuff to 3.2.

I downloaded the original Apache release of 3.2 and put the web.xml file in the project's
webapps folder and the http content header is now perfect!

Thanks for all your help.

Christian Britton
Analyst/Developer
CMS 2.1 Technical Development Team
tel. (819) 956-9880
Christian.Britton@pwgsc.gc.ca

-----Original Message-----
From: Larry Isaacs [mailto:Larry.Isaacs@sas.com]
Sent: May 23, 2003 2:48 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: RE: Bad mime types on Tomcat 3.3 on Red Hat Linux 7.02

This header suggests that you are running Tomcat 3.2.4, which
did contain a tomcat/conf/web.xml, so #3 should have worked.
I don't recall there being any bugs related to this in 3.2.4.

I don't have Tomcat 3.2.x on my system anymore, but a simple
test (modifying WEB-INF/web.xml) with Tomcat 3.3.1 worked
for me.

Cheers,
Larry