tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Mayne, Peter" <PeterMa...@ap.spherion.com>
Subject RE: Tomcat4.1.14 not working as a NT service??
Date Mon, 19 May 2003 00:00:30 GMT
If you're running Tomcat from the command prompt, then Tomcat can write to
whatever files you can write to.

If you're running Tomcat as a service, it's likely to be running as user
"LocalSystem". This user may not have permission to write files where your
user can.

Use Control Panel -> Services to check the properties of your Tomcat
service. If this is the case, either change the user that Tomcat is running
as, or change the file permissions.

PJDM
--
Peter Mayne