tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Mayne, Peter" <PeterMa...@ap.spherion.com>
Subject RE: logout and login again
Date Fri, 16 May 2003 00:53:49 GMT
Not quite. When basic authentication is used, the browser sends the
username/password with every request. Invalidating the session will not
cause the server to rerequest the authentication, because the browser sends
it anyway.

Obviously, invalidating the session at the server will have no effect,
because authentication happens without user intervention on every request
subsequent to the initial login.

There is no way to stop the browser sending the username/password with basic
authentication, so stopping and starting it is the only thing to do.

PJDM
--
Peter Mayne
Technology Consultant