tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Charles So <charles...@mac.com>
Subject Re: mod_jk stickyness....take two!
Date Fri, 02 May 2003 03:22:35 GMT
Hi Bill, I am investigating how to do true-balancing in tomcat/apache 1.

Here is what I used to do with IBM Websphere app server in this respect:

System config:
1) 2 s/w load balancer	(2 machines, only 1 is active; the other standby)
2) 2 web servers/2 app servers		(2 machines)
3) 2 db server			(2 machines)

The load balancer calls a java program on both web/app servers and the
program calculates on-the-fly the loading of the system. The load
balancer (LB) would send the HTTP request to the less-loaded system.

The app server would then retrieves the session from the DB and perform
its work

I come across the persistent mgr in Tomcat which suppose to be able to
store sessions in files or via JDBC. It is still in beta stage.

I am wondering how you define true-loadbalancing.. can you share
information with me?

I hope to have similar config running under TC4, MySQL, Apache 1. Any
opinions?