tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jacob Kjome <h...@visi.com>
Subject RE: Upgrade your webapps easily HOW-TO (requires ant/manager app practice)
Date Thu, 01 May 2003 21:39:26 GMT

Might I suggest that you use a SAX parser rather than the DOM to parse
things.  Unless you need to store the document and do a lot of
manipulations with the document sitting in memory and then return that
document to something, SAX is the way to go.  It is much faster and doesn't
use much memory.  Of course the disadvantage of SAX is that you don't have
a document left over to manipulate and return, but I doubt that is what you
need for this, right?

Jake