tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Søren Neigaard <s.neiga...@mobilethink.dk>
Subject RE: Tomcat windows service
Date Wed, 07 May 2003 08:01:24 GMT
Have you tried this one, I love it:
http://wrapper.tanukisoftware.org/doc/english/index.html

/Søren

-----Original Message-----
From: Young, Rupert [mailto:Rupert.Young@TheAA.com]
Sent: 7. maj 2003 09:47
To: 'tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org'
Subject: Tomcat windows service

Hi,

I am trying to install tomcat4 as a service on Windows XP. From this
site
http://www.mdsh.com/notes/tomcat4OnWindowsNT.jsp I have used the
following
command

"%CATALINA_HOME%\bin\tomcat.exe"
-install "Apache Tomcat"
"%JAVA_HOME%\jre\bin\classic\jvm.dll"
-Djava.class.path="%CATALINA_HOME%\bin\bootstrap.jar;%JAVA_HOME%\lib\too
ls.j
ar"
-Dcatalina.home="%CATALINA_HOME%"
-Xrs
-start org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap -params start
-stop org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap -params stop
-out "%CATALINA_HOME%\logs\stderr.log"

but I get this error when I try to start the service (tomcat works ok
from
startup.bat)
Exception during startup processing
java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException:
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
org/xml/sax/HandlerBase etc

does anyone know what the problem is, or in which jar file I can find
org/xml/sax/HandlerBase ?

Regards,
Rupert Young

The information contained in or attached to this email is
intended only for the use of the individual or entity to
which it is addressed. If you are not the intended
recipient, or a person responsible for delivering it to the
intended recipient, you are not authorised to and must not
disclose, copy, distribute, or retain this message or any
part of it. It may contain information which is confidential
and/or covered by legal professional or other privilege (or
other rules or laws with similar effect in jurisdictions
outside England and Wales).

The views expressed in this email are not necessarily the
views of Centrica plc, and the company, its directors,
officers or employees make no representation or accept any
liability for its accuracy or completeness unless expressly
stated to the contrary.