tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Adi Katz" <ak...@easa.aeat.com>
Subject restart tomcat remotely
Date Thu, 08 May 2003 14:55:54 GMT
Hello,

Is it possible to restart tomcat remotely?

I have the following problem:
I use tomcat with ssl and I install a certificate into the keystore using a servlet. Now for
tomcat to start using the new certificate it needs to read the keystore file again or alternatively
reload the https connector or alternatively to be restarted all together. ( I dont mind which)
I assume that there will be no physical accsess to the server at this point and it will need
to be done remotely vias a servlet or an open port ( like in <Server port="8005" shutdown="SHUTDOWN"
debug="0"> )

Thanks for your help,
Adi