tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Lynn Tran <>
Subject Re: HTTPS --->> HTTP ?
Date Thu, 22 May 2003 03:07:19 GMT

I've a question if I want to have the capability to switch from https to
http or vice-versa does it mean Tomcat allows me to unable 2 connectors in
2 different ports in the server.xml file?  For instance 8090 for the non
SSL and 8443 for non-SSL?

At 11:11 AM 5/1/2003 +0530, Mufaddal Khumri wrote:
>Hi Everybody,
>I have a servlet that allows a user to login using a username and
>password. For this I use SSL set up with Tomcat.
>For example:
>Now after the user has been authenticated I use
>When I do this ... the browser goes to:
>Now after the initial login, I do not want to use HTTPS .. just HTTP.
>I would like to know suggestions / best ways to do this ??
>I could specify the complete URL in the redirect, but that would tie me
>with the name of the server.
>Any suggestions ?

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: