tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Chong Yu Meng <chon...@cymulacrum.net>
Subject Re: Example error pages?
Date Fri, 30 May 2003 00:30:20 GMT
Wendy Smoak wrote:

>Would anyone be willing to share a "good" error JSP to be used with the
><error-page> tag in web.xml?
>
>What kinds of things do you typically show?  Is there a way to capture the
>stack trace with out showing it to the user?  Maybe as an HTML comment below
>a bunch of <br>'s so they won't see it unless they scroll down?

I wasn't able to get the StackTrace working on Tomcat 4.1.18. Haven't
tried it on Tomcat 4.1.24, but I suspect it is the same. I remember that
it worked for the Tomcat 4.0.x versions, so it could be disabled. I
normally just use a generic html page with a picture and an apology.

Regards,
pascal chong