tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Chong Yu Meng <chon...@cymulacrum.net>
Subject Re: JK2 and contexts
Date Thu, 29 May 2003 05:14:44 GMT
Rick Roberts wrote:

> Can you show me a minimalistic <Context> for server.xml?
> Just something short and sweet, to jump start me.
>
> Thanks,

Alright, say you have a web application called WidgetApp deployed inside
/opt/tomcat/webapps/WidgetApp and you want the servlets inside the web
application to be addressed as
"http://domain.com/WidgetExec/<some_servlet_name>" You will have to
locate the following line inside server.xml :

<!-- Tomcat Root Context -->

and add the following line :

<!-- WidgetApp Context -->

<Context path="/WidgetExec" docBase="WidgetApp" debug="0" reloadable="true" />

Notice that the "path" element in the line above relates to *how* you
call your servlets (http://domain.com/WidgetExec), while the docBase
refers to the actual location of the WidgetApp web application on your
file system (everything is relative to $CATALINA_HOME/webapps). There
are more options than just debug and reloadable, but I won't want to
confuse you at this moment.

Regards,
pascal chong