tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Chong Yu Meng <chon...@cymulacrum.net>
Subject Re: JK2 and contexts
Date Thu, 29 May 2003 00:51:06 GMT
Rick Roberts wrote:

> I have Apache2 / Tomcat4 / JK2 running and serving up the tomcat
> examples.
>
> I copied an old web application from my tomcat 3.2 server and put the
> entire directory under webapps.
>
> I added the following to workers2.properties:
>
> #
> # /myApp
> #
> [uri:/myApp]
> info=My Old Web Application
> context=/myApp
> debug=0
>
> [uri:/myApp/servlet/*]
> info=Prefix mapping
>
> [uri:/myApp/*.jsp]
> info=Extension mapping
>
> [uri:/myApp/*]
> info=Map the whole webapp
>
> --
>
> myApp is not being served up.
>
> What else do I need to do?
>
> Thanks,

That's all, Rick ! So simple it boggles the mind, yes ? Well, actually,
that's not exactly true. You will, of course, need to register your web
application in Tomcat (i.e. create a web,xml for it, edit server.xml to
recognize it, etc.). And if you plan on using channelJni (bad idea,
because it hasn't worked for me so far) you will need to add inside your
httpd2.conf or mod_jk2.conf:

<Location>
JkUriSet  worker  ajp13
</Location>

If you're using channel sockets, this is unnecessary.

Regards,
pascal chong