tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Tim Funk <funk...@joedog.org>
Subject [ot] Re: Tomcat and Weblogic Integration
Date Tue, 27 May 2003 15:20:42 GMT
I must disagree with weblogic performance from my own painful experience. I
ran a site with weblogic which was as stable as a 2 year old running with a
oversized beach ball on a windy day.

We were told it was our coding (it was bad, but not that bad). They had one
of their ISVs come in and critique our site and they said they could rewrite
it in 4 months and a LOT of money and all would be solved. Meaning we had to
freeze all work for 4 months. We were tempted to do so because of the
stability issues.

Then we switched to tomcat + apache - the speed was measurably faster and
much more reliable/stable with no code changes (excluding fixing some servlet
api compliance issues). The only real code difference was I needed to write a
database pooling library (couldn't use dbcp yet) and bridge to the custom
weblogic code we were using.

-Tim