tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Andrew Hughes - LISAsoft <ahug...@lisasoft.com.au>
Subject ClassLoader Issues: ServletContext method undefined....
Date Mon, 26 May 2003 05:42:59 GMT
Greetings,

I'm running both tomcat v4.0.4 and 4.1.24. Both of them have now an
error when I try and execute a servlet I have written. I have not
changed any of the lib files but I am now unexplainably receiving the
following exception from tomcat.

/The method getInitParameter(String) is undefined for the type ServletContext/

The API says it has such a method, however it is obviouly loading another package/class or
not loading the "servlet.jar" package at all.

If anyone has any knowledge of why this may have happened and how to fix it I would love to
know.

Cheers!