tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Rickard Öberg <rick...@dreambean.com>
Subject Re: Accessing Tomcat classes
Date Wed, 21 May 2003 07:46:24 GMT
Filip Hanik wrote:
>>What I want to do is:
>>*) have a ServletListener access the Host
>>*) get deployed contexts from there, and register for changes
>
> if you could do this, wouldn't that be a big security problem for Tomcat in
> other environments?

Maybe, but I don't care about that. I care about Tomcat in this
environment, and for my purposes I want to access the Tomcat core from
my WAR classes :-) I need to be able to upgrade the Tomcat installation
easily, so separating what is my app and what is Tomcat is very
important. I really don't want to put code into the Tomcat server
installation directory.

> so at this point, I'm out of ideas, if you can't put your files elsewhere
> but in webapps, then I am not sure how you would get a handle on the other
> ones.

Ok, that's too bad. I thought this was something fairly trivial to solve
but perhaps not. I'll stick with JBoss/Tomcat until I can find a
solution then.

Thanks for you help.

regards,
   Rickard