tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Rickard Öberg <rick...@dreambean.com>
Subject Re: Accessing Tomcat classes
Date Tue, 20 May 2003 21:00:34 GMT
Filip Hanik wrote:
> for Tomcat 4, I assume you can specify a Listener class in server.xml (see
> the <Listener>)
> and when a context is installed, removed or reloaded just catch the event,
> grab the context and do whatever you need.

I think the listener only gets events for its own context, not for other
contexts. Besides, I need access to contexts which have already been
deployed before the context with the supposed listener, so it's not a
working solution. I really need to dig into Tomcat to make it work. As I
said, I already have it working with JBoss/Tomcat, but that integration
is rather crude (to say the least), so I'd prefer to use plain Tomcat,
if it's possible.

/Rickard