tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Emerson Cargnin <emer...@tre-sc.gov.br>
Subject Re: server.xml (with mod_jk configuration) being rewritten
Date Fri, 16 May 2003 19:41:31 GMT
Thanks for your response jacob.

I'm posting both server.xml's before and post rewriting.  server.xml is
the rewritten, and GOOD is the right one :)

About the defeats of using Apache : I don't want that the users to use
port 8080 to access tomcat app's directly, i thought that this would be
the objective of the mod_jk.

Ii will use deploy task. so the next time i start tomcat it deploys my
app, in the startup.sh script I copy my GOOD version of server.xml int
he place of the rewritten server.xml. so far so good. But i just found a
very big problem : tomcat doesn't regenerates the mod_jk.conf when I
deploy a new app, it should have a tomcat ant task to make it rewrite
the mod_jk.conf.
Besides that, apache doenst' rereads the mod_jk.conf when it changes, so
thats' no use for "hot-deploy" if I use redirection by apache, i do must
restart both :(

any comments?????