tomcat-users mailing list archives

From danox <da...@cucurucho.org>
Subject Authentication Practices
Date Fri, 16 May 2003 01:11:59 GMT
OK this is not a pure tomcat question, but hopefully it will be known by
someone here.

I am working on moving a current application written for the Domino
platform to a Tomcat platform, for various reasons, we have decided to
do this piece by piece. Thus we will have a domino instance runing on
one server and a tomcat instance running on another server.

The issue that I have is with authentication. I have been able to make
tomcat authenticate from the same source as Domino, however when a
person jumps from the domino server to the tomcat server, or vice versa,
they must athenticate twice.

I need to find a way to make the browser send the same authentication
details to both servers. I have been reading up on HTTP authentication,
and I believe that this is possible to do with digest authentication (as
opposed to basic), but my experiments with this have so far failed. Has
anyone had any experiencing seting up tomcat to validate seamlessly with
another type of server using digest authentication, or some other method?

Thanks in advance.

Danox