tomcat-users mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From danox <da...@cucurucho.org>
Subject Re: JDBC Realm
Date Fri, 16 May 2003 00:05:40 GMT
Thanks for your responses.
I found out the problem, I was specifying a direct connection mode to 
SQL Server rather than using cursor mode. I discovered this by an 
exception thrown in the catalina log, and a bit of trial and error. Its 
working magicaly now.

Danox


Thomas, Tony, CTR, WHS/C&D wrote:

>You are missing the connectionUrl parameter in your XML code. If you are not
>using a connectionUrl put your regular jdbc odbc connection in here and it
>should activate the JDBCRealm. Also use the sun jdbc odbc driver rather than
>the mySql - if you are not using mySql.
>
>GL
>
>-----Original Message-----
>From: Seb Esp [mailto:hadexcorp@ml1.net]
>Sent: Thursday, May 15, 2003 8:31 AM
>To: Tomcat Users List
>Subject: Re: JDBC Realm
>
>
>If you look the source code of that class, you will notice it does 
>little logging, no matter what level you are using.
>I suggest you configuring logging/trace in SQL server and see what is 
>happening in that side.
>
>A more complex choice is programming your own Realm, you can use 
>JDBCRealm as a reference. This will give you the opportunity to log and 
>trace anything, and when the problem is solved then you can use Tomcat's 
>implementation.
>
>
>danox wrote:
>
>  
>
>>Hi all,
>>
>>I am having trouble getting my JDBC authorisation realm to work.
>>I have used the following realm in my server.xml file:
>>
>>   <Realm  className="org.apache.catalina.realm.JDBCRealm" debug="99"
>>       driverName="com.microsoft.jdbc.sqlserver.SQLServerDriver"
>>       
>>
>>    
>>
>connectionURL="jdbc:microsoft:sqlserver://<removed>;SelectMethod=direct;Data
>baseName=<removed>" 
>  
>
>>       connectionName="tsuser"
>>       connectionPassword="tsuser"
>>       userTable="Registrations"
>>       userNameCol="userName"
>>       userCredCol="password"
>>       userRoleTable="vUserGroups"
>>       roleNameCol="groupName" />
>>
>>Authentication is failing no matter what user I enter, I'm happy to 
>>try and debug this but I'm not sure how to. Now I have specified a 
>>debug level of 99 so I'm assuming there must be some form of debug 
>>logging going on, but I can't find it anywhere. This the only change I 
>>have made to the server.xml file, the rest is the defaul file from a 
>>tomcat 4.1.24 installation. If anyone can tell me where to look to try 
>>and trace where my authorisation is breaking, I would appreciate this 
>>a lot.
>>
>>
>>
>>---------------------------------------------------------------------
>>To unsubscribe, e-mail: tomcat-user-unsubscribe@jakarta.apache.org
>>For additional commands, e-mail: tomcat-user-help@jakarta.apache.org
>>
>>
>>    
>>
>
>
>---------------------------------------------------------------------
>To unsubscribe, e-mail: tomcat-user-unsubscribe@jakarta.apache.org
>For additional commands, e-mail: tomcat-user-help@jakarta.apache.org
>
>---------------------------------------------------------------------
>To unsubscribe, e-mail: tomcat-user-unsubscribe@jakarta.apache.org
>For additional commands, e-mail: tomcat-user-help@jakarta.apache.org
>
>
>
>  
>


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: tomcat-user-unsubscribe@jakarta.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: tomcat-user-help@jakarta.apache.org


Mime
View raw message