tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "G. Wade Johnson" <wade.john...@abbnm.com>
Subject Re: logout and login again
Date Thu, 15 May 2003 14:46:55 GMT
One surprise with the BASIC authentication is that the browser retains
the userid and password you enter until it is restarted.

When you invalidate the session, your server will rerequest the basic
authentication from the browser. The browser finds that it already has
a userid and password for this server/realm combination and sends it
without bothering the end user.

G. Wade