tomcat-users mailing list archives

From danox <da...@cucurucho.org>
Subject JDBC Realm
Date Thu, 15 May 2003 04:14:22 GMT
Hi all,

I am having trouble getting my JDBC authorisation realm to work.
I have used the following realm in my server.xml file:

    <Realm  className="org.apache.catalina.realm.JDBCRealm" debug="99"
        driverName="com.microsoft.jdbc.sqlserver.SQLServerDriver"

connectionURL="jdbc:microsoft:sqlserver://<removed>;SelectMethod=direct;DatabaseName=<removed>"
        connectionName="tsuser"
        connectionPassword="tsuser"
        userTable="Registrations"
        userNameCol="userName"
        userCredCol="password"
        userRoleTable="vUserGroups"
        roleNameCol="groupName" />

Authentication is failing no matter what user I enter, I'm happy to try
and debug this but I'm not sure how to. Now I have specified a debug
level of 99 so I'm assuming there must be some form of debug logging
going on, but I can't find it anywhere. This the only change I have made
to the server.xml file, the rest is the defaul file from a tomcat 4.1.24
installation. If anyone can tell me where to look to try and trace where
my authorisation is breaking, I would appreciate this a lot.