tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Tim Funk <funk...@joedog.org>
Subject Re: combining remote address filter and basic authentication
Date Tue, 13 May 2003 23:27:02 GMT
AFAIK, there is no elegant way to do this. But but probably want to use a
filter. The filter will check if the IP range is valid. If the ip range if
not valid, it will look for the WWW-Authenticate (?) header and decode it
according to the RFC. If there is no WWW-Authenticate - send a 401 redirect
challenge back to the client. Google is your firend with respect to the
topics above.

-Tim