tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Tim Funk <funk...@joedog.org>
Subject Re: Mod_JK2 and 503 ErrorDocument
Date Sun, 11 May 2003 22:26:25 GMT
I did some digging, this has started to be documented right here. (under the
section lb, Loadbalanced worker)

http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-4.1-doc/jk2/jk2/configwebcom.html

Of course thats not helpful for :( since you already have the answer but
hopefully the link might be helpful to someone else.

-Tim

Tony F. White wrote:
> Hi
>
> We have managed to find a solution for now, however it is not 100% ideal...
> We found that if you set:
>
> noWorkerMsg=/error503.html
> noWorkerCode=302
>
> this will cause a redirect to be sent and the vistor is sent to the page specified in
the noWorkerMsg.
> We had to find this out by searching the source code.... someone should actually add
this to the documentation....

> Tony

to work for when the the tomcat server is

> full
>
>>or
>>
>>>offline?  We have one for 500 - Internal Server Error and it works fine but when
a 503 occurs we get the ugly generic 503 error
>>>message along with a message stating
>>>
>>>"Additionally, a 500 Internal Server Error error was encountered while trying
to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request."

>>>What error/problem occurs we don't know as nothing is apart from the 503 request.
 Setting the loglevel to Debug did not help
>>>either.
>>>
>>>The way we are testing the 503 page is by shutting the tomcat server down and
requesting a page that requires the servlet.